Friday, March 20, 2009

Workouts for Thurs. March 19 and Fri March 20

THURSDAY:
We had another Basketball Game. We came out running as we only had 6 men to play a full 40 minutes. I've said this before, but I'll say it again... very rarely will you find a workout as grueling, and as effective in boosting overall fitness including muscle, cardio, and total body working out like a full 5-on-5 competitive basketball game.

I tweaked my ankle about 5 minutes in, but just kept on going... My hops were not quite there (what hops i have that is) but i could still run the floor. - Great 40 minutes of intense Cardio/Interval Training.

FRIDAY:
Trying to do a Leg workout on a Tweaked ankle is about as effective as losing weight playing on the McDonald's play center with your kids... - you can go through the motions, but you really aren't getting much accomplished.

I opted for a CORE Strength routine. i typically include core exercises in most of what i do, and try and work the core while working other areas... but i went for a full focus on core Strength today... - OUCH!

PHASE ONE: (Warm up)
Grabbed a 60lb straight bar - 10 bent over rows, 10 Upright shrugs (all the way to the chin) 10 Military Presses, 10 Lunges each leg, 10 good-mornings, 10 squat and explode with Press, 10 straight leg deadlifts.

PHASE TWO: Cables...
Medicine ball crunches with 15lb cable resistance in each hand. x 25
Medicine ball rotations x 25 (15 lb cable resistance in hand - ONE SIDE AT A TIME) x 25 each side
Medicine Ball plank Walk (Start on knees with ball in front of you, walk your hands out until you touch your nose to the floor, or can't go any further, and come back up. Great core moves!) x 20
Ab coaster machine 15 front, and 15 each side - No Rest
15 Leg Lifts, Tucked
15 leg Lifts Straight

I then did some stretching and a bit of upper body stuff to make me feel good about myself.

POOL: - 400M swim
Steam Sauna and HOME!

I can already feel my abs front and sides as i write this only 3 hrs after my workout.

total time: 30 minutes! plus Sauna!

No comments: