Monday, March 16, 2009

Workout Monday March 16th

nice grueling Leg workout today... I am focusing on 2 things with my Leg Workouts...
#1: - Increase jumping ability. I want to grab a 10' Rim so I am working on explosiveness and the muscles associated with jumping.
#2: Speed... I need to break the 6:30 mile barrier, so i am also focusing on things that will help me endure a quicker pace for a mile run.

So here is what i did This morning:

25 Medicine ball Squats (12 lb medicine ball)
20 30" box jumps
20 Good Mornings (more stretching than anything, light weight)
20 2 box Step ups holding 25lb weight. - 18" to 30" and drive the knee up

25 more Medicine ball squats
15 30" Box jumps
15 good Mornings
15 2 box Step ups

20 Medicine Ball Squats
10 30" box jumps
10 good mornings
10 2 box Step ups

End with 15 Squats holding 2 25lb dumbbells

I then headed over to the Power Squat Rack. This is an Exercise I learned to help increase vertical Jumping...
Get a Bar on the Squat rack and take it BELOW the Rack position and Try and Push with only your Calves the bar into the Rack... you go absolutely No Where, but the force of pushing against an immovable object completely kicks your but... I did 3 Sets of 3 Rep 10 counts. my calves hurt...

I was feeling good so I then decided to see how fast I could run a Treadmill mile.

I did a 2 minute walk to warm up and stretch and then took Off and ran a 7:23 Treadmill mile with a 1/2 or .5 incline (just to make it more like real running)

then a 2 minute cool down and hit the steam Sauna!

I feel Great. - My Arms still have a bit of soreness in them from Friday's workout! :)

No comments: