Monday, February 2, 2009

Workout Monday Feb 2nd

So today I decided to try something a bit different and MAN was it effective.

I call it the Couture Challenge, because well, I got it from watching a documentary on Randy Couture.

And here it is.

Using a Medium Weight (I used 85lbs on a Straight bar) - Can be done holding dumbbell's as well... 10-20 lbs in each hand would work... feel it out and see what you can do.

Do Each Exercise to 10 Repetitions without putting the weight down and NO Rest in between exercises. You'll rest at the end of each circuit.

#1 - Bent Over Rows (Legs Straight, Bend over and Lift weight up to your chest staying in the "bent over" position
#2 - Shrug all the Way up to Chin.. (Hold the weights close together and bring them all the way up along your body up to your Chin
#3 - Military Press (Weight at your shoulders and press all the way up)
#4 - Good Mornings (Hold Weight on your Shoulder and bend forward with the legs straight until your back is parallel with the ground and back up... that's 1)
#4 - Split Squat 10 each leg (do one leg at a time... basically a lunge and hold the position with one foot out front and squat 10 x then switch legs)
#5 - Deep Squat with Press (Weight on Shoulders, Deep Squat to or Past Parallel and on the way up, press it all the way to straight arms)
#6 Deadlift - (Hold the weight at your toes, bend the knees with the back straight and look up. Lift weight using your legs)

REST 60-90 Seconds

REPEAT same Circuit Same weight, (Unless it was too easy or difficult and adjust accordingly) Same # of Reps... 10.

Rest 60-90 Seconds....

Repeat one final time.


I then Got on the stationary bike for 10 minutes just to cool down my legs that were on fire, medium intensity... then over to the Treadmill for what I call an Interval mile.
- I basically Begin with a walk to warm up eve though I was already sweating, for 1 min... Then I run at a moderate pace for 2 minutes, increase speed for one minute, then back to a walk. i do NOT count the walking distances towards my MILE. but i walk until my heart rate goes back down to the 130's - typically 1-2 minutes... never more.i then repeat the running process mixing it up as best I can, get the heart rate up to the high 150's or low 160's then back to a walk again.

I went for 15 minutes which included the final cool down an warm up and ran about an 8:30 mile. Not great, but not bad for having just shredded my legs. :)

Good Luck!

No comments: