Wednesday, February 25, 2009

daily Workout Wednesday Feb. 25th

I needed a good cardio/Stretching day without overdoing it. My upper body is still feeling Monday's Blast, and My legs just needed a jump start after being a bit tight from Yesterday...

So I decided to really stretch them out good with some good old fashion Interval Cardio.

Phase one:
2 min warm up - 5incline 3.2mph - i took big strides to get the legs loose.
12 min Interval Running 5.7mph, 6.5, 7.2, 8, 8.7, and repeat twice, then down to 6mph and then 7mph to total the 12 minutes. - Total Distance covered 1.5 Miles.

Warm Stretch - Phase 2:
Nothing Stretches my shoulders, chest and overall body like Dips and Pull ups
10 Dips, SLOW Deliberate full Range of Motion. then 10 Quick speed dips.
10 chin ups Slow and Deliberate, Full Range of motion. 10 Pull ups as fast as I could.
SWIMMING POOL: - 600m swim nice easy strokes,

Total Workout time: 35min. - then a 10 minute Steam sauna.

i feel Great - and i am ready to test how close I am to one of my goals... the 6:30 mile. i am going to try and do it tonight or tomorrow morning. - I'll keep you updated

No comments: