Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GOALS????

Why should we have goals?
What good are they?
Does it matter if we set them?
Will it matter if we achieve them?
How about if we forget about them?

After struggling with some of my own thoughts on possible answers tot he questions above, I decided to set some goals. Why? So that I have something to motivate me to get going each day, So that I have a Measurable and desired result. and I've been told that without goals, how do we know where we are going?

I am reminded of the City slickers movie line that was shouted out as they were driving a herd of cattle "Do you know where we are?" on asked... And billy Crystal answered by saying... "We're Lost... but we're making good time!"

I've decided to share my goals with you, to help me achieve them. So that i am not lost, but focused and on the right path, and making good time towards that goal.

Goals: #1 and #3 to be achieved by April 1st, #2, to be acheived by May 1st.

#1: Run faster than a 6:30 mile. I've come close twice (6:37 both times) and it's something that has eluded me for many years.

#2: Touch the rim of a 10' basketball hoop. - When i was a wrestler in high school i could run out and throw (dunk) a Golf ball into the hoop. It would be nice to touch it again, and at 5'10 with my 'tall' shoes on, It's a good goal to have because it will require many steps in order to achieve it. (Stronger Legs, Less weight, more Flexibility)

#3: Lose 6% body Fat. That will get me to a point that the above goals should be much easier to achieve, as well as look better physically. i feel Great, now it's time to work on the "Look". I spend too much time at the Lake, and gym, to need to feel like I should be covering up and not enjoying the sun and getting a tan.

I've now taken the first couple steps in achieving my goals. #1 - I set them. #2, I've shared them, and #3, I've set myself a time limit to achieve them by.

Got goals??

Share them in the comments!

No comments: