Friday, November 7, 2008

Weight is not the only guage of Physical Fitness


Check out the Dude in the Background.. he thought it was So Funny.


Over the years I have definitely struggled with weight. from being a chubby kid until I found wrestling in Jr high School, to ballooning to over 235lbs after marriage, kids and inactivity. one thing I've always tried to maintain is some type of overall fitness.

If that meant playing weekly softball games, or "Weekend warrior" type tournaments or activities, to just getting fed up and going for it all in an Olympic triathlon, I decided early on to lot let my genetic make-up hinder my own fun, fitness, and goals.

The pictures are of the finish line of one of the first Triathlons I competed in back in 2003. I was doing great after the swim and bike, but because of the extra weight I carry, the run has always slowed me down a bit. Well, when i saw this skinny, fit, speedo wearing kid come up from behind me to "beat the fat guy" i wanted no part of it. i was not going to let him lose. We sprinted for about 70 yards down the finish line... The crowd erupted at the race, and cheered us both on. And the "Fat but Fit" one out on this race. I had the speed, and strength but never the endurance. So who is more "Fit"? not so easy to come up the answer is it?

1 comment:

JB said...

Jackson. On your next post I want a picture of you in a speedo.