Thursday, February 12, 2015

Training Week Feb 9-15

I got in some Good Training sessions so far, but not nearly where I need to be to break this World Record.

I need to lose weight... plain and simple.

Monday - Tuesday  Crossfit workout: Wall Balls, Box Jumps, Burpees, Hang Cleans, Double Unders

- I felt Strong, but need to step up the endurance.

Wednesday was a tough one - Took the dog and youngest to the Track.  Mistake!  The workout was not tough, because there wasn't enough free time to really do much.  However I did get in some 200M sprints, Standing Jumps, Burpees, Handstands, and Lunges.   I re-learned a valuable lesson on Wednesday night...  Being 20# heavier than I need to be, makes me slower and everything is more difficult.   Example:  200M sprint time used to be 29-31 seconds.  I was in 180-190lb Category  Wednesday in the 205-210lb category My time was 35 seconds.  NOT COOL!

I realized the Easiest way for me to break this record is to Lose weight and train in 30sec -1 minute intervals at 100% of my ability.

Thursday am:  Hip and Knee were hurting from the sprints (another backlash of 20 extra lbs.)  So I got on the Exercise bike for some Hill intervals for 25 minutes.  Felt Good, Pushed it hard for 45 seconds at a time.  I also got in some explosive movements (Jumping squat presses with 30lb dumbbells) and Dips.

I plan on Testing my 1 Minute Burpee Backflip on Saturday... Feb 14th, 2015.

Cutting back on Calories and Carbs Beginning Today.  I am 100% confident that once the weight is off, the Record will come!


No comments: