Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Next Challenge has Arrived!

Goal for 2015:


Beat This Guy and Own a Guinness World Record:
Most Burpee Back Flips in One Minute


Training for this started back when I was 9 years old and learned my first Standing back tuck.    I've been doing them ever since and methodically training to be able to always do back flips.

I have focused much of my training on Explosive movements such as Box Jumps, Jumping Rope, Sprints, Power Cleans, weighted Squat Jumps etc.  I have been doing these movements for many years to keep the muscles going.  abs and core is also a huge part of the training regimen.  people do not realize how much ab strength and core work it takes to throw standing back tucks.  It's crucial!  I don't have much of a vertical leap, but I have flexible hips, explosive power out of the gate, a strong core, and the knowledge of how to get around.

My Current Training is More Hyper focused on being able to go Solid for a minute without fatigue.  I don't want to just break the record... I want to destroy it!  I want to make it so the next time someone thinks of attempting it, they realize they simply cannot do it.

Crossfit, Sprints, Cardio and losing a few pounds are my main focus right now.

Workout for Feb 2nd 2015:
1 Mile Warm Up (9min)
55yds of each  of the following exercises.  (Football Field - Every 5 Yrds Up and down like a snake:
Sprint
Jog
Lunges
Skips
Handstand Walks
sprint
Deep Squats
Karaoke down and Back
Jog
Front Handsprings (Headsprings - Wreslting Style)
Cartwheels down and back
sprint
Jog
Frog Jumps
Jog it out for 400M

Finish with 10 Burpee Backflips

Workout for Feb 3rd 2015:
Crossfit:  Warm Ups 80 Double unders, pushups, Stretching, Hand Stand holds, 200M Row
Strict overhead Press: 4x5 @ 125lbs

Partner WOD:  8 Rounds:
5 Handstand push ups (I did 30 out of 40)
10 Deadlifts @ 225# (I did 20 out of 80)
15 Toes to Bar (I did 65 out of 120)
20 Wall Ball throws w/ 20#  (I did 75 out of 160)

Total time: 16:03

Later this week or Early next week I am going to test myself for one full minute and see where I am:

Stay Tuned!

No comments: