Monday, April 27, 2009

More Workouts:

So Last Week I also a had a GREAT Leg day.

I haven't been Sore for a while, getting stronger, takes more to get me to that breaking point, but on Thursday last week, I kicked my own Butt.

Phase One:
20 Reps, then 15 Reps then 10 Reps of the following 3 exercises:
#1: Single Leg Split Squat: (Rest your foot behind you on a choir or box at a 90 degree angle. and Squat and up. It HURTS - 20 reps each leg
#2: 36" Box Jump while holding 12lb Medicine ball (As fast as I could)
#3: Squat and Explode into Jump with Press using 25lb dumbbells


Phase Two:
15 reps, 12 Reps and 9 reps of the following 3 exercises
#1: Leg extension Machine 125lbs
#2: Leg curl machine with 110 lbs
#3: calf raises Each leg separate and then both together 225lbs


On Saturday Evening I also decided to hit the Elliptical Machine.

My elliptical is a Gym Quality machine with a cool Workout on it call "MIX 3"
It utilizes 3 different types of elliptical Training. - Forward Elliptical, using it with and without Arms and even ONLY arms and doing it in Reverse

30 minute Mix 3 looks like this.
1 Min -fast no Arms
1 min Fast with PUSHING Arms (next round use Pulling here and alternate each time)
1 min Fast using Pulling ARMS - no legs (Jump on side and pump the arms as fast as you can)
1 min fast REVERSE either bending knees or keeping the toes up.
1 min slow recovery

The resistance also changes and varies throughout the workout. i usually increase the resistance to a 10-12 out of 20.

30 minutes. 4.2 miles.

I'm heading for 45 minutes next time, so i can get more of my movie in while I do it ;)

Good Luck and Keep at it!

No comments: